About Us

Who We Are

The Kerala Land Development Corporation (KLDC) Ltd was incorporated in 1972 as a fully owned Kerala Government Undertaking under the administrative control of the Agriculture Department with a view to promote, undertake and execute land development and allied schemes in Kerala for the integral development of Agriculture. The Government of Kerala holds the 90% of share capital and Central Government holds the remaining 10%.

The main objectives of KLDC is to develop quality structure and related infrastructure facility for the agriculture community in the state at reasonable cost. In 2017 the Corporation got accreditation from State Government to undertake, execute general civil construction works of any departments or agencies in the State. The affairs of the KLDC are being managed by the Managing Director subject to direction and control of its Board of Directors comprising members of State Government and Central Government. With its fully experienced team of Engineering and Finance professional backed up by state of the art technology and administrative set up, KLDC looks forward to a bright future and supportive role to the development of Agriculture, Society, State and our Nation.

The consultancy wing has been revamped to fully gear up to take challenging jobs. Estimate preparation is through PRICE software and all works procedures are according to PWD norms. Contract finalization is fully graduated to e-tender mode. KLDC has over 5 decades of proven track record project preparation, estimation, execution of a commendable volume of works in the State. We are implementing projects in plan/RIDF schemes, RKVY, NRHM, Social Justice Department, works entrusted by Scheduled Caste Development Department etc.

A major landmark project executed by the Corporation is the Thrissur Ponnani Kole Development Project for a total cost of Rs. 226 crore which aims at development benefitting 13900 hectares of kole area thereby enhancing paddy cultivation. The first and second phase of the project has already completed and the third phase is ongoing. Another major landmark project is the “SahasraSarovar” which aims at the development of water bodies like ponds and chiras for the conservation of fresh water and ground water recharge which directly benefitting agriculture. The project intends to develop 1000 such water bodies throughout the State. Many big ponds as large as 14acre or so has successfully completed through this projects and many are ongoing . The multipurpose “Agriculture Complex” - a four storied building at Thrissur is another prestigious project of KLDC completed for an amount of Rs. 10 crore.

In tune with its changed outlook and work culture, the Corporation has now become one of the prime consultation as well as implementation agency for the works of Agriculture Department. The high value projects like Tissue Culture Labs, Bio-Control labs, agriculture farm renovation projects, Supply Chain Management etc.. are some of the new projects in this context at the conceptualization stage.